What landmark locations would you love to see in New Eden?

An NPC Veldy flying around… I love that, I’d be mining with myself sort of, sounds epic haha. I love those ideas of LCO/NPC with some interaction, would still be willing to SD for a landmark though :relaxed:

4 Likes

Mithra’s Gate is a sungrazer. It’s a comet. One of those that swing in very close to the primary star out of a high orbit in their system. .
except of course it wasn’t just a snowball. Oh sure, it was a comet. Pretty big one, but a comet. At least it seemed likely it was originally a standard comet in a sungrazer orbit. Of course, Sariel wondered if that was the truth of it. But that was beside the point when you realized that someone had carved a large tunnel along its main rotational axis and then dug out a vault, right into the core of the thing.That access tunnel was large enough for the Drammies to travel down it with a fair bit of clearance. Obviously, whoever built it had intended it for small ships. We weren’t going to get the Wreathe in there though.

5 Likes

If you did that I think hands down it’d be a thing, but I also don’t want the Veldnaught to die. Unless it wasn’t a self-destruct but a suspect flag where everyone could shoot and get on a famous KM.

(But I still don’t want the Veldnaught to die)

5 Likes

FADED POREVITIUM TRACE

Multiple sites.
Site Locations:
– Seyllin I
– 3HQC-6 I
– T-IPZB I
– SL-YBS I
– EAWE-2 I
– Z8-81T I
– 35-RK9 I
Other Potential Locations:
– 5-CSE3 I
– Y0-BVN I
– R79-I7 I

Explaining these potential landmarks requires a bit of backstory, which you can unfurl below:

BACKSTORY

APOCRYPHA

On 10 March YC111, the most significant spatiotemporal event in recent history was triggered when a cache of Isogen-5 was detonated in T-IPZB. Isogen-5, to the best of anyone’s knowledge, is only formed in close proximity to Type A0 stars. This cache, manned and filled by a swarm of irregular Rogue Drones who ventured out to collect Isogen-5 from near the system’s star, was interwoven with nine other caches across K-space, as well as an unknown number in Anoikis.

The Isogen-5 caches were filled with the intent of harnessing the exotic material’s unique properties to reopen a network of controlled wormhole passageways in both Anoikis and New Eden systems - but things went horribly awry when a detachment from a Thukker caravan chanced upon the cache in T-IPZB at the same time as a Blood Raider patrol. Located at this cache was the very Abaddon Jamyl Sarum had used to expel the Elder Fleet from Amarr space - fitted with a superweapon fueled by Isogen-5, being actively refueled by the swarming drones, which were apparently on the side of Jamyl’s insidious headmate.

The Thukkers blew up the cache, which triggered the cataclysmic detonation of every other Isogen-5 cache it was linked with, simultaneously, across all space.

Ten systems in New Eden fell victim to the aftershocks of this event - though only seven are truly “confirmed” insofar as we can actually see the effects ingame.

You can read the story of what led up to this event in the “End of the World” chronicle series, in order here: The Spiral, Half a Life, I, The Great Harvest, We Humans, World on Fire.

POREVITIUM

Moving much closer to current day, we look to the Triglavian Collective. The core of their activities in the Invasions, with the goal of changing spacetime to create the Domain of Pochven, centered around structures they call “Dazh Porevitium Transmuters”. These massive constructions reach into the very core of their host star, in order to extract and transmute a material they call “Porevitium” to achieve their spacetime aspirations. Transmuters are only installed at type A0, O1, and G5 (small) stars.

Before the invasions began, the Triglavians were observed surveying stars for potential future invasion. Each star (which their terminology refer to as “Dazh”) had multiple attributes assigned to them, including a “Porevitium Trace”. This material was broadly suspected and near-assumed to in fact be the exotic Isogen-5, apparently present in the depths of three types of stars, where only type A0 would radiate it outward.

This suspicion was solidified with the weaving of Pochven, where each of the Triglavian Clades have set up exactly three “Porevitium Vaults”.

Triglavian occupation of a space station typically involves converting much of its interior from its former purpose, the Clades apparently being inclined to use the seized station for their own ends rather than destroy a useful asset. Security within this station is extremely high and the controlling clade is even less tolerant than usual when it comes to perceived infractions and violations by residents or visitors. The core of the station is totally sealed off to all but the elite troikas of the clade and is apparently being used as a storage facility for a surplus of the most valuable resources obtained by Triglavian harvesting operations.

These three stations seem to essentially be Isogen-5 caches in their own right, for use in future Triglavian activities… (those Vyraj anchorages are quite interesting, hm?)

Suggestion for a Site:

Warpin Message:

The Triglavian Collective has deployed personnel to a number of locations across New Eden, all once the locations of the mysterious cataclysmic events that precipitated the reopening of Anoikis, better known as Wormhole space, to the people of New Eden.

Available information indicates that the Collective is referring to this site as a “Faded Porevitium Trace”, and is actively monitoring the lingering effects of local spacetime perturbations theorized to have been caused by the exotic material known as Isogen-5.

Present infrastructure could include LCO versions of the Triglavian Fermion Monitor, or other small Triglavian structures, as well as Triglavian NPCs.

Other decoration could include a debris cloud or some sort of blue glow, maybe some non-traversable spatial rifts or violent wormholes, and perhaps some very small parts of rogue drone or station wreckage.

The sites would be able to be the same across the board, but the one in T-IPZB could have a small extra feature: a small part of LCO Abaddon wreckage.

Sites would be located in close proximity to Planet I in each system.

Seyllin I, 3HQC-6 I, T-IPZB I, SL-YBS I, EAWE-2 I, Z8-81T I, and 35-RK9 I are Shattered Planets.

5-CSE3 I, Y0-BVN I, and R79-I7 I are by all indications the other three locations of Isogen-5 Caches, but do not have shattered innermost planets; these could be explained (if necessary at all) as those caches not being filled as much as the others.

5 Likes

I would like to see a concert arena/hall. You could describe it as where the cluster wide famous musical group Permaband first played, or played last, depending on how you wanted the background story told.

We have t-shirts and skins for Permaband. Why not an arena?

Permaband has contributed enormously to EVE. T-shirts and skins are good; but their own version of Elvis’s Graceland or the Beetles’s Liverpool would be worth a visit.

5 Likes

Ok, work is actually done for the day and I can dig through my notes a little bit more fully.

First off, the various suggestions here have all been great, but I do want to specifically call out a few of them for added endorsement (or special disendorsement, as I do in 3):

1. I would LOVE to see Ginnungagap from Konora, A+ suggestion @Arsia_Elkin.
  2. Basically everything that @Uriel_Paradisi_Anteovnuecci has ever said or, frankly, ever will say in this thread I’m just going to assume is great, including his endorsement/addition to @Hirmuolio_Pine’s Jovian station in Curse.
  3. Please, @Chribba, no, I’d be incredibly sad to have to update my blog post on you :frowning:
  4. I can’t find who originally said this, but one of the secret construction sites of the Elder fleet would also be really cool.

With that out of the way, it turns out I don’t have a ton much more to add over what’s already been said. But a couple of additional ideas:

-Some wreck/memorial to the Iapetan titans (kinda related to @DutchGunner’s suggestion, I guess, since I believe the Molyneux was potentially one of those). I know titans kind of run amuck in nullsec these days, but there is nothing like seeing a truly colossal vessel (particularly if it’s easily accessible). In my experience, its these kinds of ships that can really draw out the sightseers, particularly those of us who don’t normally get involved in nullsec.
-Memorial to the Youil cruiser. Given it’s prominence, I have to think that it’s been preserved somewhere, and particularly given the prominence in recent years thanks to the Youil festival, I think this would be a fairly simple site that could be put together.

Also, a few more pie-in-the-sky, I-admit-they’re-unlikely-to-happen ideas:
-I would ADORE some more development of New Eden/the Eve Gate. Let us get closer, dang it! I’d even just take a Sisters of Eve research station in system!
-I still want to see what the QA Space Pig Dungeon is in U8MM-3 (in the CCP dev region of UUA-4), even if its just for a blog post :-p

I’ll keep thinking about this over the next few days, and will post any additional ideas as they come to me. Either way, I’m super excited to see what you guys can come up with!

And look, I didn’t even say anything about the Children of Light.

6 Likes

Add a wreck of the PL titan that died in Amamake to faction warfare corps in 2012, something not really considered possible at the time.
Eve Online - Militia noobs kill PL titan in their home system. - YouTube

Something to commemorate Tama and Amamake top asteroid belts as prime pvp areas of the bygone era.

4 Likes

Not certain exactly what to propose, but definitely a memorial in FWS to memorialize the record-shattering battle there is in order.

Lots of good stuff already so I will just throw out there:

OMS Gate

Eanna (Hror VI) https://fiction.eveonline.com/stories/short-stories/theodicy

The sites of the the Seyllin Incident. (Seyllin, SL-YBS, 3HQC-6 and 35-RK9, 5-CSE3, Y0-BVN and R79-I7)

2 Likes

From a newbro to the lore and with a slight Gallente bias some I can think of:

• Reschard V Disaster: An Avatar’s Doomsday weapon struck Reschard V and wiped out ~90% of all life on the planet. (Reschard System)

• Kador Invasion of Ratillose: Amarr Heir Uriam Kador invaded the Ratillose system in Solitude and was defeated by the Federation Navy. (Ratillose System)

• Federation Invasion of Kador Prime: Federation Navy counterattack against Kador for the invasion of Solitude and to capture turncoat Admiral Anvent Eturrer. (Perhaps as a related site to the above one) (Kador Prime System)

Also seconding:

• Seyllin Incident monument.
  • Colelie Battle monument.
  • Intaki Occupation monument.

Finally, I’m just now realising that there are a lot of battlefields, graveyards and memorials around New Eden.

3 Likes

I want an entry to the Jovian space.

1 Like

This should read “Here lies the wreck of Jamyl Sarum’s Avatar, Top Damage and Final Blow by CCP.SetHitPoints(-1) ?”

The place where m0o camped the gate, forcing CCP’s hands, and …

… Hek. \o/

1 Like

A monument in the first belt in Halaima where @James_315 started his movement to save Highsec by bumping a miner.

There is plenty of good material out there already to inspire your artists: http://www.minerbumping.com/p/links.html

2 Likes

I think you may need a floating prison outside the Illinfrik VIII - Moon 1 - Trust Partners Trading Post. For those who don’t remember, Alpha accounts lost the ability to run level 4 missions on 12 March 2019 due to the prevalence of alpha accounts being used to bot level 4 distribution missions. One of the epicenters of this activity was the Thukker agent in Illinfrik . The agent became very popular due to the value of Thukker loyalty points at the time due to the introduction of Abyssal sites. The number of botting accounts banned participating in the Thukker faction item trade probably ran into the hundreds. I know I tracked at least 90 getting banned.

1 Like

Hm, now that I’ve thought about it, perhaps a nice monument to honour the EDENCOM-aligned pilots who prevented the Trigs from giving more systems the Succ wouldn’t be out of place.

4 Likes

A Magic School Bus.
for Mike.

5 Likes

In twitter I suggested a Bus stop, just floating there, waiting for the Bus

m

7 Likes

That would be a cool beacon.

Here Lies Veldnaught, the last dreadnaught to be somewhere it should not have been in the first place. #AreYouNotEntertained?