[Winter] Fleet Abyssal Deadspace Feedback thread - feature now available on Singularity Test Server

Why spend hours krabbing on test servers for free with no compensation?

Iā€™m of course against it on principle, instances destroy sandboxes.

But even overlooking that it is not a great idea. Who wants to form a group and fit frigates? For what? Frigate loot. Should have been bigger ships.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen anyone else talking about testing either; nearly every comment on this thread is about Abyssal Deadspace in general and the impact it has on the larger game.

I personally have about 5 players including myself (all Signal Cartel members) right now currently preparing for testing, but I havenā€™t been able to push them to make more of an effort since the Duality environment has not been conducive to proper testing yet. I am hoping @CCP_Paradox is monitoring this thread and my feedback so that testing can proceed.

Frankly, I am a little disappointed with the response time from the dev team on this; it was announced an entire week ago and issues that existed initially still persist - namely, Damavik slot layout and Deadspace module seeding.

I am extremely interested in both testing and engaging in this content on live, but we will need better involvement from CCP dev in order for it to be productive.

Because pushing computer buttons while logged in to Eve for no purpose other than to gain ISK is not ā€œplayingā€, for most people. The content itself is rewarding, the player interaction is rewarding, and in this particular case, contributing to the product itself is highly rewarding, at least to me.

If I just wanted more ISK, I would do any of the zillion things one can already do to bring in ungodly income, including solo Abyss which generates anywhere from 250m-a few billion per hour, depending on luck.

Or Iā€™d just buy it with PLEX.

1 Like

I have been working on an RR Worm build, message me if you would like to discuss =]

Not to mention looking for groups.

I guess the devs have forgotten that to have successful group based instanced PvE you need to also have some kind of group finder tool.

They have opened Pandoraā€™s Box and inside is a Hamster Wheel.

@CCP_Hamster are you resting? Keep moving there. MORE CONTENT, speed up!! :wink:

1 Like

A group doing this content at tier 5 will need to be highly skilled and in-tune with each other as a team. I do not believe ā€œpick-upā€ fleets will work for this; only pre-arranged teams will be able to successfully complete the higher tiers.

Doesnā€™t matter, it is an industry wide expectation; beyond that, that is what people always say. In 2 weeks the video will be out and anyone can copy the fit and moves.

1 Like

You are right about the tactics and strategies being public information very quickly, even while still in testing - there were plenty of Abyss videos out with the SiSi placeholder rat names, etc. You are also right that having a group finder tool would be helpful, in the case of Tier 1-3.

However, I feel very strongly based on my Abyss experience so far that practice and fleet cohesion will be non-negotiable for Tier 5, regardless of what information you go in with. Frigates are balanced significantly more tightly than cruisers; mechanics that I simply choose to facetank with my blingy Gila or are made irrelevant by the build will not be able to be ignored in a smaller hull, and tactics/strategies will have to be developed to address them.

I would assume that the difficulty level per-pilot will (should) be similar to solo Abyss, with the added caveat of having to act as a team, adding a layer of complexity/skill that did not exist before.

Learning the solo moves and learning the moves expected in a group are no different.

In 2 weeks the video will be out and anyone can copy the fit and moves.

1 Like

So again why would I do this on test server when I can do live stuff? Pvp included obv

Youā€™re just repeating the question you asked before, which I already answered. Iā€™m not going to engage any further in this, since this forum thread is about feedback on the functionality and balance of the planned new content, not whether or not it is worth oneā€™s time or a Good Thing For Eve/Bad Thing For Eve.

All Iā€™m saying is maybe they should add some incentive other than being ahead when it comes out. The lead gets quickly ruined by youtubers though so meh thatā€™s not even worth much.

Make an alt.
Join carebear corp.
Convince people to use expensive fits.
Go into fleetspace.
???
Everyone dies, because you let them.

:slight_smile:

Got more variations of that one too!
Iā€™m not concerned about this feature at all.

1 Like

One last reply - By testing this content I am not trying to get an ā€œedgeā€ on live, or trying to make ISK. The testing itself is fun, and also rewarding in that I know I contributed to the final product.

Additionally, for anyone who wishes to engage in this content once it is live, it behooves you to participate in testing and provide actionable feedback. Canā€™t complain about the President if you didnā€™t vote, canā€™t complain about balance if you didnā€™t make your voice heard during testing.

Seriously though, this is SO off-topic; I very much want to get into T5 with a Damavik fleet, and I cannot test my planned build yet because the parts are not available on the market. My friends and I are chomping at the bit to do this, and are being prevented from doing so by poor test environment setup.

3 Likes

That post of yours screams isk farmer and instant gratification seeker, thoughā€¦

Any chance we can get the updated Damavik, Moveme and Copyskills sorted? Some of us are itching to try this new content (which is very much appreciated, btw).

[edit] - also some more mods (deadspace etc) on the market there, for testing, if possible please.

Can confirm. My character image on Duality is rather old, and is not reflecting my accountā€™s omega status.
If the following issues were addressed Iā€™ll be able to help with the test:

1. Omega status for access to skills.
  2. Skill injectors, (extractors only work if the character has a large unneeded xp pool to extract from)

the following would be nice to have, rather than needed.
a) updated Damavik slots,
b) deadspace modules
c) seeded skillbooks for triglavian ships.

Thanks for setting up this test, I hope it will go well.

Aliza

Duality appears to be unavailable today. Help! @CCP_Paradox

1 Like

@CCP_Paradox Is testing for this still going on? Just saw this post today and am interested in trying it out