Cannot stay connected for more than a few minutes D/C

For sure, waiting for them to get back in touch.

I ended up signing up for a VPN, so I am able to login. Hopefully they will get this sorted out, so I can cancel before they charge me again.

confirm here in South East Michigan … I am on WOW (wideopenwest) and experienced issue.
I then tried using my Tmobile hotspot and it works.

1 Like

I put in a ticket a couple days ago, ccp pretty much ignoring me now.

2 Likes

It seems like wide open west isp has been black listed by ccp in our area or something… :man_shrugging:t2:

In west Ga and have WoW as my isp

1 Like

I put in a ticket with WOW! Customer support to see what’s up. Hopefully they get back to me. It seems like CCP’s new service doesn’t like us very much.

2 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t heard anything new since yesterday. I recommend using a VPN, if possible. I’ve been able to function as normal whilst using it. I’m sure if I turn it off I still wouldn’t be able to login.

Same im a WoW customer too. Have not been able to stay connected for three days now

WoW customer here too… unable to stay connected for more than a couple minutes since just after DT May 8 :frowning:

Thank you all for the reports; we have indeed in particular heard about reports from customer of WOW! Internet.

If you are a customer of WOW! then I want to recommend that you send in a support request to WOW! and ask them in turn to contact Cloudflare support, who have been trying to reach them for the past few days.

1 Like

Also kindly send us here at CCP a support request (please don’t post here as we need details on your network and location). Please include in your report:

• Your public IP address that you are connecting from
  • Your Internet Service Provider
  • Your geographical location (city, state, country as applicable)
  • traceroute / tracert to tranquility.servers.eveonline.com
  • traceroute / tracert to 172.65.201.188

Screenshots and other details of the errors are appreciated as well.

Please note that your public IP address is not of the form 192.168.1.10 or 10.1.1.20, rather visit a site like https://www.whatismyip.com/ or https://myip.is/ to find where you are connecting from.

1 Like

I also have WOW, but I can connect if I use a VPN to France and then connect. I think CCP is blocking the connection. This happened after they made changes because of the DDoS.

I have submitted a second contact request with them. They are a bit understaffed due to COVID-19, but hopefully they respond today. If they do not, I will try and give them a call. I urge all other WOW! Internet customers to do the same.

2 Likes

We, as in CCP Games, are not blocking the connection. There is some interaction between WOW! and Cloudflare that is causing this. Cloudflare has seen this other customers of theirs in this area and are investigating but the resolution hinges on the network admins of WOW! and Cloudflare to get together to fix this.

If you VPN to France then you surface towards Cloudflare on a different network.

I will contact WOW! as well. On my support ticket to CCP I mentioned that I used a VPN to get in and the GM marked the issue as resolved – my mistake, but we shouldn’t have to pay more to play a game we already pay to play. I don’t know if it’s something that the ISP needs to resolve, but I wouldn’t call it resolved until we can login without a VPN. Let’s hope WOW can do something on their end.

1 Like

I’m quite confident that one the network admins of WOW! and Cloudflare get together then they will resolve this.

I am on WOW! as well here in West Central Georgia and am getting the same issues as well. I agree I shouldn’t have to get a VPN to play this game… this is getting a bit ridiculous.

I’m quite confident that they’ll just brush it off and say “everything is good on our end” like CCP is doing. The only people I’m aware that made any changes to their network recently was CCP.

1 Like

Failed to fetch ads, e = <urlopen error [SSL: SSLV3_ALERT_HANDSHAKE_FAILURE] sslv3 alert handshake failure (_ssl.c:1041)>

It’s handshake connection failure season. Is this a yearly event CCP? Do you think me calling my ISP and saying “Hi, no I don’t have a problem with my internet, just Eve online. Yeah, they went through an extended downtime to ‘harden their network’ and now I can’t connect.” is going to work? It looks like CCP has the same issue every summer when students have more free time in the summer, except summer came early because of the wu flu.