CSM, Naari Naarian

As a developer and an Eve-player, do you think that different games are build upon different kinds of core ideas, made by developers with different views on what is right for that particular game with different tools and guidelines on how to apply those tools?

Do you feel that it is a good thing that we have so many different games that are build upon very different foundations and ideas?

Do you think that some ideas are not fitting to Eve and it’s core ideas it was build upon many years ago?

Are you able to leave aside your own ways to see the benefits of different approaches to the development of Eve that differ from your own?

7 Likes

Would you speak to others on the CSM and to those in CCP as you do to other posters on these forums?

1 Like

Just thought id put it out there lmao

4 Likes

What if they are new and can’t pay or dont want to?

In game design, there are consistency. Players often make the claim “this position cannot transfer from minecraft to eve” but this position is wrong, because design is largely (at least 50%) built upon psychological states; The desire to progress, the desire to be socially accepted and loved. Some things are consistent, in many ways, always connected always influencing.

For example the big one is “catering to casuals”. Many pvpers here in eve are scared for ccp to take on this position, but they let that fear rule them to greatly. The result of this postion is them over-reacting, using any means (morally acceptable or other wise) to stop change, progression, or advancement.

Example of that can be found in my rival + 5 alts, who consistently try to argue that these positions are not good for eve.

What if i told you these positions could double the population in eve? what if of that 50% of eve’s potential population 25% of them came to null, or engaged in pvp with them?

These are not only possibilities, but likely to happen. Yet they remain, advocating changes that are better for the population of the game, and ccp as a whole, are destructive for eve.

All it would cost for that is removing criminal acitivity in high sec. Would they still be able to do what they mainly do now? No. Would they find similar ways to accomplish (kill people legally) what they do now? Yes, they would, b ut those changes themselves spur more pvp into the game (the work around would be war decs, but that would increase the viabiity of the “hire ally corp” feature in eve, resulting in MORE PVP, not less).

The truth is, they advocate against the removal of criminal activity, because its emotionally pleasing, and financially benficial. So then, our aim at design should be the accomplish that for all, with out destroying others mutually valid financial and emotional state.

This is an example, showing, how we are connected on deeper levels then we could imagine, the ripples are now we impact the sandbox, and the water is the people; we must becareful not to splash to much out of the game.

Yes, and i encourage more, however, leaving eve to “kill the noob, or pver” is not a good approach.

The industry changed many years ago from eve’s positions. Bad leadership has left ccp to many failed projects, bad political statements (like claiming they will do stuff they did not) abandoned projects (walking on stations) etc.

I believe ccp is capable of changing eve to gain 250-500k online, but it cannot do this while there is abusive systems in place. it needs to adapt to change out of the old, dying mindset of egotism and pay to win systems. This does not mean those systems cannot exist, they just cannot exist influencing those diametrically opposed to them. Balance can be accomplished and i am willing to help accomplish it.

I make my positions based on a set of principles, that i have refined over 8 years. I can explain the basic’s of them if you’d like.

Wont stop me from running, i dont really care.
Someone needs to advocate for something other then “bash the noob” “suicide the pver”

the issue with you is this.

That is not what everyone is advocating and your idea of a ‘fix’ is to take out combat entirely.

Your reading comprehension is pitiful.

You don’t seem to really be ‘listening’ to others.

What you ACTUALLY want or need, is to make your own seperate game.

5 Likes

Why suddenly use an alt to post with, doesn’t make sense, you have been more than vocal with your Naari?

Also are you implying that I had an alt in your Corp?

My positions are not based on what “others think” they are based on design principles, which is why i am 1000 times better then any designer at ccp.

Listening, and agreeing is not the same. Nope, i dont agree with you, and i dont have to agree with you.

You seem to not listen to the many people on eve who want more casual based systems. Dont be a hypocrite.

honestly you talk a lot out of your ass, i dont even know what and where your reading and the only reaon i think your replying to me is because i keep getting a notifcation.

Most of your points seem to miss entirely what i was saying.

You are basically an idiot who thinks they are a lot smarter than they actually are.

Want to play casually? how casual? be an alpha, accept that you wont make much isk because your playing for free.

On the other end of te scale if you want to make isk fine, but expect to lose isk too.

3 Likes

Dude what? You cannot possibly have such big an ego?

How can you possibly give any rational feedback, when you already believe that your opinions are better than any at CCP?

8 Likes

because your alt spam crying got a (forum) suspension because your not intelligent enough of holding a real debate out side of “liar liar this or that”.

You run around harassing people on the forums and when you cant get your way, you stalk them in every thread, in game, and try to bait them for a reaction, but that is fine, I have knowledge of how to deal with the situation.

It is my believe you do not care about this game, only about your own ego and your ability to exert that on people to make yourself feel good.

let me tell you something about the universe. When energy pushes to far to the right, it sways back rapidly to the left.

the abuse of pvers has been pushed to hard, and the change is happening one step at a time, nerfing the stations, nerfing the neut rep.

The end of code, and the abuse is near. God willing.

The sad part is, i want to help and all your doing is abusing it. I am offering ccp the key to fixing this game, all they need to do is hear me out.

It is truth. Validated by the consistent abuse, and limited amounts of population this game has had over the years.

The only reason why it persisted was because of abusive schemes with plex, intentional market manipulation in game of said systems, in order to “appear” to the board of directions the game was “stable”.

I am better then all of them put together on a bad day, that is not ego, that is confidence.

I don’t know man… I thought we had some reasonable discussion going in your suggestion thread. While we didn’t agree, at least it seemed like we could have a civil discussion going.

Reading through this thead however, makes you seem more and more like a lunatic.

Not sure what is happening…

1 Like

To quote myself on this point,

This point is validated by the many many years of cry’s to war dec changes, being station camped, freighter ganked, and more.

Any serious designer would fix problems when the customers have out cry about it, yet hilmar has sat on the top, allowing that abuse to persist so he can marvel over only a fraction of what he would of had, had he would of changed.

As i said, this will continue until hilmar is fired, resigned, or by some magical chance, decides he is wrong. that is why i wrote pearl, and i will continue to do so until they terminate him.

The above is a quote from Naari. Should be an interesting CSM next year. :popcorn:

1 Like

Im really not, i just trust my position. they are positions that can be validated by the success of the other companies in the industry.

I wish that result was not the case. i’d like him to simply negate from his position and help make eve better. the loss of leaders, no matter where they are (in companies, or nation) is highly disruptive to the workings of that entity.

What needs to be validated? That PvE is what the majority of players want?

If that is the case, then why are competitive PvP games so successful? Why is it that studies show that the primary motivations for men to play games are competition and destruction? With eve having a larger male population, isn’t it counter-intuitive to go against those primary motivations?

I’m all for making eve better and improving retention. Yet, I don’t think it is as simple as just removing criminal activity from highsec. I believe there are many factors that needs to be considered. Personally I don’t believe that removing player interaction from highsec is the answer, since highsec is already boring enough as it is. If any player interaction (criminal or not) are to be removed in highsec, they should be replaced with other ways for people to interact. In my opinion, simply removing criminal activity from highsec, will not have people pouring back into the game.

So with the issue being a bit more nuanced than criminal = bad. I have a hard time seeing you having a rational discussion regarding game balance with CCP. Especially, if you are overvaluing your own abilities and rational. Which is why I’m saying, maybe dial back a bit on the ego and open up your mind to other perspectives. At least argue your case a bit better than “I’m right, you’re wrong”. Having such a stance without anything supporting your claims, does not lay a good foundation for a constructive discussion.

1 Like

So let’s see, we had a discussion about the amount of ISK In eve, your claim is it was 6.5 quadrillion, I provided a chart from the MER which contradicted your statement, you retorted with information which was proven wrong again.
Rather than admit a mistake was made you blew the ■■■■ up and lashed out at several players.