Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Common man. Just stop.

You’ve already established yourself as a fool.

You don’t need to keep reinforcing it.

1 Like

Is that supposed to be an insult?

Are you condescendingly calling me common?

Or condescendingly calling me a man?

Gods. Just give it up. You’re making yourself look foolish. Stop picking fights where there are none. You got slapped down for your childish behavior. Learn from it and move forward.

1 Like

Your mightier than thou tone is neither warranted, nor welcome.

Nothing makes you better than anyone else. I certainly don’t remember getting slapped either. There was one person on the thread that seemed to be quite amused, but it looks like that reply was [Redacted] as well. At least someone else found it amusing.

You can deem it childish, frankly doesn’t much matter to me. I’m not looking for unsolicited lessons on age-related behavior identification methods either.

It could have been just as simply left in the thread for others to be amused or ignore as they wished. Perhaps it may have been…

…If it hadn’t been me.

Exactly, yes. :slight_smile:

You vastly over-estimate personal animus.

I’d have asked anyone to knock off that crap after the second post. The first was kinda amusing, in a ‘yeah, should’ve seen that coming eventually’ kind of way, but the second was just trolling, and made the first more obnoxious by association. If, for example, your second post had been to quote Aria’s response here, and put the trollpost in this thread? People probably would’ve actually laughed.

3 Likes

Pilot? A word of respectful, if unsolicited, advice?

These are experienced, seasoned eggers you’re talking with. They’re not infallible, but when they say-- especially in concert-- that you’ve made a misstep, it’s worth taking it seriously. (A lot of us don’t agree on much in the usual course of things, so agreement is something to watch out for.)

The community is also relatively forgiving, if you can learn. Early fumbles are common, maybe near-universal. But first you need to be able to admit fault, at least to yourself.

If you can’t … well … there are a few who make their reputation on being incorrigible. Not a lot, though. And it’s not a kind of status I’d aspire to, myself.

I’ve said my piece, so I’ll stand down.

Good luck.

8 Likes

Thought so…

Pilots,

A reminder to be civil with one another regarding this Summit.

4 Messages have been removed for not following and abiding by the specific guidelines of the Intergalactic Summit. More information can be found here: Rules and Resources of the Intergalactic Summit

Thank you,

~Alexandre Arthie

Alexandre Arthie,
Directive Enforcement Department
CONCORD Assembly

2 Likes

As he approaches the Jita star gate he looks out at the billboard ito his right were he reads about the upcoming CSM18 elections. Thinking to himself that as soon as he is docked, he will begin writing to Princess in hopes that she runs for election this yearY125

Apologies that your intervention was required. We shall endeavor to do better that you won’t be needed again.

Getting back to off-topic…

Kids are good. Getting another pet soon. Moving, as well.

2 Likes

You seem mildly irritable, Lord Babydaddy.

1 Like

Do I have to contend with him for that title, now? I mean… have you seen the Arcology lately?

1 Like

Luckily I’ve never made a mistake once in my entire life.

3 Likes

o7

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll give you that one, that’s funny.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

So, sort of a gentle apostacy?

I can maybe relate, I guess. I’m sort of gently a Caldari dissident-in-exile, living in the Empire-- not at home (or rather, making a new one), but stopping safely short of treason.

… I suspect you’ll find that hypocrisy and corruption aren’t rare no matter where you go, though. And the “gently” bit of these things tends to get pointier the noisier you are about it.

Too true. Then again, I could never learn when to keep my nose out of things.

Hypocrisy and corruption are certainly abound throughout the cluster, but if the remaining records of ancient Terra (as decayed and fragmented as they may be) hold any lessons from which we should -carefully- learn… The use of religion to control the masses is an all too common recurring theme.

Hypocrisy and corruption have often been deeply rooted within cultures and civilizations that utilize such methods of crowd control to dominate and direct the will of it’s subjugates.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So-- Mr. Srajin? You seem to be pretty heavily under the influence of the “Terran” … let’s loosely call it a theory, so I’m not sure you’ll be able to hear me on this. Going to try, though.

The “common origin” theory of humanity does have its share of believers (like I think probably the entirety of the Amarr faith), but even if it’s correct the specifics of that origin are, according to every respectable source I know of, lost in the misty reaches of the past. Basically everything predating the Jove is a matter of fierce debate, where scholarship gets easily tangled with conjecture and outright myth.

Even if the word’s come up a place or two, as I understand it “Terran” remains … let’s just say that specific term isn’t in good odor? Future finds might vindicate it, but for now I’d suggest sticking to what’s really known. Otherwise it’s easy to conject and extrapolate your way down any number of wormholes and weave whole universes that turn out to be imaginary.

Sticking with the concrete can be pretty boring (and I, also, love, absolutely love, speculating about things) but it’s so very easy to take guesswork too far.