Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

“New orders from the boss, Ag.”

“Yeah, we’re extracting… ah, crap. With localized anti-orbital, this close? The Black Ops won’t make it to warp fast enough before they get clipped pretty rough.”

“Yeah… they won’t.”

“We could hit some of the Amarrian anti-orbital that’s been setup maybe? Punch a hole, make a window.”

“And alert them outright that somethings coming or trying to get out from under them. And that ladyfriend you just had to go and bomb will have her fighters swarming over our asses while we’re trying to do it almost immediately.”

“Winds… screw this… and if we try to slow drift the Black Ops out under cloak, well… we’ll be here for a week trying to slip away.”

“We don’t have a week Agonarch.”

“I know Kar.”

“What about continental powergrids? It’ll affect more than just the anti-orbitals, but give us a few hours to make a run for it, if we pull it off right.”

“That… that could work. But we’re going to have to hit up our friend again…”

“You sure you’re not obsessed with this bitch?”

“Shut it Karve… I really don’t like her, but she’s got one of the grid stations leading to the primary anti-orbital batteries in her sector… we’ll go after that one last.”

“So. How we going to get the objective? Ag… I know that look, no.”

“Hehehe, remember that Carrier Assault in CXN1?”

“I remember you made me use my Scarab to draw AAA and fighters while you blitzed heatsinks and the core with a Yurei…”

“Well… you got a better idea? Scar’s got the plating to soak micro-missiles, and flak, and you know just as well what that EMS system can do. I won’t be using a Yurei this time, too flimsy, I’ll be running a Wraith.”

“Fine, we’ll do it your way, but you owe me.”

“We’ll settle up after we manage to get the hell out of here.”

4 Likes

message picked up by listening post south of the Southern capital on Floseswin IV

“The ■■■■ was that! Someone give me a report now.”

“The power is gone from the radio scrambler and radar disrupter just gone hay-wire. We are in the open!”

“Then shut your mouth, I don’t want the entire Sarum forces to know where we are!”

“Ma’am. shield are flickering but holding for n…

“Khotey ki beklaand! I said ■■■■■■■ shut it”

5 Likes

unidentified chatter in atmosphere of Floseswin IV

“First set are at reduced capacity, should be enough.”

“If they didn’t know we were in the air before, they know now with the power fluctuations, they don’t know our play yet though.”

“Indeed. Two more grid sets, then the final. I’ve got eight more EMS charges left, and enough shells to get to the final point.”

“Acknowledged. Six racks of countermeasures remaining, three anti-fighter missile reloads, four heavies, autos still topped up.”

“Adjust heading. Time to get on with it.”

2 Likes

EMERGENCY POWER FAILURE ON ALL DECKS

FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM FAILURE, RESERVE FUEL SUPPLIES DEPLETED

CONTAMINATION OF LAB DECKS AT 80%

STANDING ORDER TO DESTROY ALL LIFE PODS TO PREVENT EVACUATION

2 Likes

Unidentified chatter in atmosphere of Floseswin IV

“Coming in fast and low, multiple soft-locks registered, I’ve got their attention!”

“Keep it, I’m not far behind.”

“Bursting MWD, AAA is starting to take shots. Equites scrambling. Squadron strength, I’m angling further down the lane past the defense emplacements before our friends lock me in the dance.”

“Acknowledged.”

“Multiple micro-swarms detected, EMS going loud. Good effect, only a handful got through, shields at 67%, armor integrity 100%”

“Keep their attention, try and knock some heads. I’m going for the objective.”

“Not like I got a choice you prick.”

“Winds… secondary flight is scrambling, half are breaking to go after you, rest are trying to follow me. Expect another flight after that in forty-five seconds.”

“Three SSFs losing altitude, EMS recharging, back to standard shells. Shield integrity dropping”

“I’m through, shields at 45%, one of those pilots managed to get a shot across me through countermeasures while I blew past, these guys are good. Twenty seconds to target, Mjolnir ready to go. They won’t be catching up.”

“They’re hitting my plates! Hurry up asshole, or I’ll be back in the vats before you rip the target.”

“Mjolnir heavy away. Circling back, gonna have to blow through the group following me again.”

“Canopy’s blown, plate integrity at 57%. Helmet’s sealed, but I’ve got shrapnel in my guts, I’ll have to hit the burner sooner rather than later.”

“Mjolnir has hit target, grid-station disabled. Pulse the EMP and take whatever you can out of the sky with you, I won’t be too far behind.”

“See you in the next life.”

“See you in the next life.”

6 Likes

Mylain Advocate, Lifestyle section, in the left sidebar of the 31 December YC121 issue

PAID IN FULL: Young Mylain Writer’s University Debts Settled by Mysterious Benefactor

This year, Tessande Falconer has had more than her fair share of bad luck. She’s become something of a local celebrity following the confirmed death of her infamous father, Ira. Then came the destruction of the hometown she barely knows, Moisant on Octanneve V, and an influx of her displaced relatives.

Then the 26-year-old, who works at a general technology shop in the suburbs but makes most of her middling income from ad revenue via her GalNet slash-fiction site, received a letter from her student loan provider, bearing a receipt and a thank-you for paying off her student debts, which had totaled tens of thousands of local currency.

“I was totally floored,” Tessande said in a brief interview. “And it’s real! I thought someone was messing with me.”

She says that her brother, Theredore, also received a notice that his debts had been paid. They contacted the company but were unable to learn the identity of the person who’d paid off the debts.

The Advocate conducted a brief investigation into how the debts had been paid. We were able to trace the receipts to an account at the Mylain Credit Union that had belonged to a ‘Maya Bustamante’ but has since been closed. No such person appears to exist.

The loan provider informed us that they had fully vetted the person but had been asked to keep their client’s identity obscured. They revealed only that the benefactor was a fellow alum of the University of Caille.

“I’d just like to thank them,” Tessande said. “I mean, that’s not the sort of thing that happens every day. Hey, maybe they’ll read your column.”

4 Likes

6NJ8-V VI - Moon 6 - Guristas Production Shipyard, Bazaar Sector

“Ayo Raymlen!”

“Toto! What’s good money?”

“Hey man, I just saw…L-Look, you know about that jin-mei cartoon ■■■■■■■■ that’s starting to appear more and more around the station, right?”

“Yeah, Venal Prosperity Network or some ■■■■”

“Right, so i was in the loading bay offloading that loot we got from that job in the Nalvula system-”

“Right”

-As I’m unloading this ■■■■, i look over to one of the other shuttle platforms in the bay and i ■■■■■■■ see her."

“…Who?”

“The cartoon bitch.”

“…You high or some ■■■■ Toto? The ■■■■ you talking about?”

“Dawg, I’m saying i saw the girl that image is based off of.”

“…How the hell do you know?”

“I…Okay, you know that uh, headwear ■■■■ the cartoon image wears?”

“Yeah.”

“She was wearing that.”

“Okay? What’s that suppose to mean.”

“Motherf-…Dawg, who else wears that corny ■■■■ around here?”

“I dunno…”

“Exactly! It has to be her, her outfit even looked similar.”

“Did she have rabbit ears too?”

“N-No…No she didn’t.”

“Shame…The technology exists.”

“Right well…I dunno, it was sorta weird seeing, you know?”

“I thought it was just some cartoon character, didn’t know it was based off a real person.”

“Neither did i.”

“Well…Why she here?”

“■■■■ if i know.”

7 Likes

“Kelmoren. Glad you could finally return.”

“Hey boss… good to see you’re all patched up.”

“So. Do you understand why you are here?”

“I ■■■■■■ up. Used, and lost, a difficult to replace asset after express orders to only deploy it under necessary circumstance, and caused a reactionary assault against an unaffiliated group?”

“I am pleased you understand your previous errors during your last deployment, however, no. That is not why you are here Agonarch.”

“Huh, then why the hell am I here ma’am?”

“Because, I have a task for you. I have three volunteer candidates I want you to review and train.”

“Oh Winds… you don’t mean…”

“Yes, you’re getting additional pilots for η27. Each of the candidates have qualifications across the Space Superiority Fighter range, as well as other ancillary skillsets that will be invaluable to the Midnight Dancers.”

“Damn. I ain’t got much a choice do I?”

“No, you do not. Their new bodies are already in the final stages of being crafted. Make sure that they are brought up to speed and put through the appropriate simulations before their first burn.”

“…ancestors choke… I’ll make it happen Director…”

4 Likes

Matthews: " I have a plan. "

“Does it Involve choking to death on our own blood from a deadly virus?”

Matthews: "Shut up. "

“Whatever”

Matthews: "Look. I have a plan to get us into the Hangar and steal a ship. I doubt we will be able to get it into warp but from what I can tell from sensor feeds there are rescue structures setup outside Solace. How long they will be there, I don’t know. But we have to try. "

"How do we get past the security turrets? They still work. The Contractors wont help with those. "

Matthews: " I’ll talk to them. We can overpower them… but I’ll talk to them. The rest of you, gather whatever we have on Solace. Were going to broadcast everything we can to the outside world once we are safe. "

“We are all dead men anyway. Just because we arn’t showing symptoms doesn’t me-”

Matthews: " Shut the ■■■■ up, Jameson!"

2 Likes

Matthews: " With your help we can disable the security turrets and make it to the Hangar. Once we make it to Rescue… well I’ll figure it out from there. "

"I will not help you fight against my Client. "

Matthews " You still on about that? Look around you. Are they helping you at all? Are they trying to fix this? "

“We are still under contract with-”

Matthews "■■■■ the contract! They’ve left us to die. Half of us already have. We have no way to talk to the outside. Trapped in here like caged rats. I’d think it on purpose if I didn’t know they were so incompetent. "

“…”

Matthews " Look. You’ve seen what this adaptive ■■■■ can do. It’s stupid dangerous. Mass Murdering Dangerous. How would you feel if this made it to the Planet? What if the Guristas or the Serpentis got a hold of this? Whats happening here would be on such a massive scale I don’t even want to consider the amount of Death and Destruction there would be. Your Caldari. What if this was over a Caldari Planet? Syndicate? What would you do then? "

“…”

Matthews " If not for us… Then do it for the people we will save. We may not survive… but at least no one else can be hurt by… by all this. "

“… What would you have us do?”

2 Likes

Various reports heard in the greater Sundsele area and shared on GalNet suggest that something very large is being built off the northern coast of Mikramurka, specifically off the coastal lands held in trust by Clan Ramijozana. The rumors are hard to confirm, as the town of Ramijanawa has been turning away most visitors and has increased its patrols of its borders, including along the Snow-eater Road. There is nothing visible from the sky or from space, fueling the suggestions that the construction is happening underwater. Although the rumors are plentiful, no source can be found for them.

3 Likes

Jameson: " So… Tonight?"

Matthews " Tonight. Plan is to try and be in the ship and control of the hangars by 0100. I’ve sent word to our friends who have the rescue station. All we have to do is fly over to the rescue and disembark. From there… Well. It sounds simple. But in reality… Theres a lot against us. "

Jameson “How’d it get to this point, anyhow?”

Matthews " Playing with things that should of stayed buried. I was able to get a copy of some of the things they were working on here. Ive made copies of that. All of you keep this datapad copy on you. Even if we don’t survive… the information should. People have to know. "

Jameson " This could be it, then. Steal the ship, undock and just… hope. I could really use a drink. "

2 Likes

Article posted to the Pegeler Inquirer 6.1.YC122

Shipping and Astromining Franchise Contract Conclusions and Handovers; Eugales System of Interest Claim Notarized
In the early hours January 3rd, the Shipping and Astromining Franchise contracts for the systems of Archavoinet and Frarie were quietly concluded, and changed hands to new corporations. The Shipping and Astromining franchises in Frarie changed hands to FedMart and Astral Mining respectively after an undisclosed bidding period, and the franchises for Archavoinet were both handed over to Wolf Brothers INC, a capsuleer corporation, after a slightly more public bidding. This will be the third capsuleer corporation to hold Franchise rights with the Unified Principality of Archavoinet, the largest memberstate encompassing most of the Archavoinet system.

In addition to this, the Unified Principality of Archavoinet’s ‘System of Interest’ claim on the unincorporate neighbouring system of Eugales was officially notarized by the Pegeler District Court on January 5th, despite protests from memberstate officials in the systems of Moclinamaud and Aubenall, with declarations of corruption and bribery being leveled against the Pegeler District Court. These claims so far are unsubstantiated, and are unlikely to be pursued above the District level.

The UPA has stated that with the notarization of the SoI claim, they will be allowing Windstalker Security Corporation, Purosupekuta Resourcing-Auxiliary Navy, and Wolf Brothers INC to operate in an extended capacity as part of their Franchise contracts to maintain the UPA’s claim, as each already maintain a substantial presence in the system. How the SoI claim will be affected by Militia Warzone shifts is currently unclear.

3 Likes

Capsuleers! blog, YC122.01.06

Exciting news for pod-watchers in the State as gossip from L’amore in Ballo suggests that the Hakatain family may be expecting a baby!! It sure seems plausible, with Ria Hakatain neé Nieyli (who married Yakiya Verin in a small private ceremony on the Caldari homeworld last year) being heard complaining about sudden weight gain, cravings and nausea, and declaring that she has given up drinking!

So far there’s been no official comment from the Hakatain Dynasty Group itself, but that’s nothing new as the family is notoriously tight-lipped about their private goings-on. This is the same Kazokeiei after all who reply to the gossip about family wild-child Sinikka’s Gallentean girlfriends—and those rumours are plenty lurid, with fanciful talk of Minmatar sex slaves, Blood Raider orgies, extreme bodymodding and even Sansha connections—with a stony-faced “no comment” at best.

Who knows? Maybe a baby bump will talk louder than the family itself. One thing’s for sure though: a lot of egg fans are going to be hoping it’s true. Babies are cute.

7 Likes

Another scrambled message picked up by listening post southwest of the Southern capital on Floseswin IV

Male voice “Hey, captain you think the boss has forgotten about us, it been almost a week since we lost coms with them up there”

Female captain “What you tried of staying alive Larsson?”

Larsson “No I mean, I just want a real bed to sleep in for once and not having to shot our allies because they can’t check their ■■■■■■■ targets”

Third guy “Heh! you just want to get back to that guy you found back in Fountain!”

Larsson “Shut it! it was just a…”

Female captain “Would you two stay ■■■■■■■ quiet, if you really want to get off this shitty mud world then shot me. But you’re ■■■■■■■ owe me big time for this, as we were running low on biomass before we even got into this mess”

Female captain “And do it clean! else I’m coming back to show you how it’s done”

A discharge from a Rail rifles booms

Third guy “I ■■■■■■■ hope the boss knows about the orbital defense those Amarr fucks still have running, I would hate to be on her bad side if we are the cause of her losing face”

Larsson “I’m sure she does … I ■■■■■■■ hope so”

5 Likes

Memo: Beta Site Activation
Effective Immediately Salvo Project Beta Site is hereby authorized for Activation. All Primary and Secondary Research Projects are to be moved from current centers and localized at Beta Site in the Shuurga Basin within seventy-two hours of this notice. No Exceptions. Prepare landing scaffolds for immediate income superheavies.
~The Director

3 Likes

Reports indicate that Clan Licei of Octanneve V successfully tested a volley of surface-to-air missiles launched from a large submersible vehicle. The missiles varied from short-range to long-range, with a few that took down targets in low orbit. The submarine itself is reported to be large but fast, and it appears to have remained submerged off of Moisant for months. The reason for these tests are unknown, but Moisant’s security threat level has been raised to its highest alert, and refugees are now being redirected before reaching the planet at all, with reasons stated as concerns over imminent danger.

4 Likes

To: The Director
Re: Candidates
Hey Boss, it’s Agonarch,
All three candidates made the burn successfully, even one of 'em is having trouble with The Shakes due to a bad synchronize. He’s expected to pull through though.
Gotta say, I’m impressed with their sim scores, and general aptitudes. The hell did you find them? Tanutha Chcrocq especially… she’s got some hellish potential as a Banshee or Kirin pilot. Did you know she had some experience flying Scarab II support fighters? Annoying buggers, those. She’s got some interesting ideas on modifying a few of the Kirin supports in our current stock. I’ll forward them to you for review.
Stay safe out there,
Agonarch

5 Likes

Posted into the Book of Records, where anyone with public access can read it…

//: So it is written in the Book of Records; so it is in the eyes of God
//: courtshipsearch:Constantin_Baracca_Melisma_Ramijozana
//: Book of Records returned (1) search result

1. courtship_entry_055394877562923

//: open sresult:1
//: Access Approved! Retrieving file…

//: Let it be known, on this day [17-01-YC122] that [San-Marquis Archbishop, The Most Reverend Constantin Siyavash Baracca III] of [House Baracca], by the agreement of [Arca-Dux, His Grace Praetus Omar Baracca XXV] of [House Baracca], does declare intent to due courtship of [Cadet Chief Melisma Ramijozana] of [House Ramijozana], by the agreement of [Chief Tiama Ramijozana] of [House Ramijozana], by the authority vested in these bodies, and by the law of Almighty God. Blessed be this endeavor.

//: sign-constantin-siyavash-baracca-3
//: sign-praetus-omar-baracca-25
//: sign-melisma-ramijozana
//: sign-tiama-ramijozana

5 Likes

Race for the Archon’s chair gets personal

LA HARROULETTE, Vaashnapoor, Duureanta, Harroule IV - 14/01/122

Gopala Lochan, Duureanta’s incumbent Archon, launched a blistering personal attack on his challenger Tanvir Vasumati today, calling into question both the former Chief Inspector’s track record and his connections with foreign investors.

A champion of Duureanta’s economic and social status quo and until recently a firm favourite for re-election, Lochan may be feeling threatened by the surge in traction among younger and economically marginalised voters achieved by the Vasumati campaign following his surprise appointment of the influential research scientist Mossaf Rumaita as his running mate in late FC 236.

Speaking to popular political holo-magazine ‘The Duurbar Download’ last week, Lochan hit out. “Serious questions remain over my opponent’s integrity and judgment. The case against him for corruption only collapsed when a single witness was deemed unreliable and that may have happened for, shall we say, a variety of reasons… What about all the other evidence? The prosecution was badly mishandled, in my view, and his acquittal does nothing to remove my concern about allegations of collusion with the very criminals the people of Duureanta trusted him to battle.

Now, here he is running for even higher public office together with a liberal ‘celebrity-scientist’ who has no experience of anything other than telling Duureantan’s to surrender our traditional economy to the mercy of foreign investors - the same investors who are bankrolling their campaign of course. If that wasn’t bad enough, this combination of the corrupt and the naive is proposing to address our security challenges by working more closely with the Intaki Space Police. I mean come on…everyone knows ISP are Serpentis’ stooges! You put that together with Vasumati’s ‘legal history’ and well… Honestly, I’d love to be a fly on the wall when these two are discussing policy - you couldn’t make it up!

Local polling data indicates a slight softening of support for the Vasumati campaign following Lochan’s comments. The race remains too close to call but one thing is increasingly certain, the temperature in Vaashnapoor looks set to climb before Election Day!

[[Photo credit: Steve McCurry]]

9 Likes