Version 20.11 - Known Issues

use RMB to add columns

1 Like

So the UI for the Hypernet Relay History page is completely broken and unuseable. So, after months of using Photon UI I’ve been forced back to the old UI….the page now works perfectly.

1 Like

grafik

Arrow for column sorting in the Probe window faces into the wrong direction.

1 Like

grafik
grafik
More issues with item icons clipping into the shetty window margins. Fix this window margin crap already!

Text overflowing.

3 Likes

Thanks, didn’t see that. Makes it even better being able to have different columns for each overview tab.

prior to the last main update the air screen fitted into the screen was a little big for me but it was fine all viewable
since update
floating

full screen

doc to side

you cant even see some of the items so they cant be done this is the portal for new players basic testing is so lacking it at a new level
prior to the last update it fitted into viewable as i havent changed any settings since i took the following a couple of weeks ago

this is current floating

1 Like

after seeing the “my wallet” window, i immediately looked up the option to de-active photon.

AGAIN.

Sorry, CCP, you messed up again. The legacy UI is how i learned EVE a few months ago, and both times the photon UI forced itself on my pilots, it reduced playability - the first time it meddled with my local bookmarks, this time with my market sales. Playing the market is what makes me pay omega, so better not ruin it for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Confirmed that the CCP is still investigating the unintended change brought by the updates over a year ago, then having no progressions yet.
I can’t help appreciating genius CCP developing teams patience that they are taking such a long time for the petty and touchy everlasting issue.

2 Likes

No description in corpwallet for which Ihub:
New interface:

old interface:

1 Like

IIRC, in the location saving window, the sub folders were arranged in a hierarchy. ( i.e. there were indents for the sub-folders names. )

They have no indents as of now, thus, they are put in the same class of the folders, making it much difficult to distinguish. Please fix this as soon as possible.

2 Likes

For some reason, in Photon my dscan sometimes gets stuck at not showing anything at all. I have “Active Overview” selected as dscan setting but the scan comes back empty although the overview shows multiple things that should appear in the dscan (gates, structures, ships, etc.) The only way to fix this is to switch to another overview tab and than back to the original tab. Not even system jumps fix the issue.

EBR-242491

And a related issue with the shitty Photon UI: You cannot copy individual text parts from the notifications anymore. I had to manually write the bug report number instead of just copying it like in the old UI.

2 Likes

Wrong description

2 Likes

Issues with Photon:

1. Buttons are no longer buttons, both on Neocom and selected item window in space. Fix this, can’t see if the button has been pressed.
  2. Acceleration gate symbol (not button anymore) isn’t grey when it can not be activated, i.e. when still in warp approaching it. if you press it then, no message appears to tell you you’re still in warp.
  3. I’m not even going to talk about the wasted space.
  4. If you click on a position of the vertical slider in the inventory, it doesn’t move to that location (e.g. bottom) as it was and it should, but it slides downwards. If I wanted it to slide, I wouldn’t click in a specific location in it, right? No easy way to go to bottom of full inventory (except dragging it - oh, I said easy, ok).
  5. Sliders are too small. Really? With so much space to waste?
  6. If you resize a window (e.g. storage) in PI, the game doesn’t remember the new size. Every time you open planets, the windows are in the Specified Correct Size As Decreed By CCP, whatever you may have done.
    These for now. TL:DR; Photon is still in beta. Don’t Opt Out it - many new players haven’t used the old one, and you’ll never find out why they think the game is bad. I really wanted the new features, but I’m tired struggling with photon bugs. Second time I’ll go back to normal UI. Please, until photon leaves beta, release the new features to the normal UI.
2 Likes

everytime when you dock undock the drone menu is open
before dock:

after undock:

old interface was saved last state

1 Like

This. It is so bad. For the obscene amount of money a sub now costs you would expect a different level of competence.

This has been reported before but it’s not fixed. The loading dial is not only huge compared to the old UI, it also leaks outside the window frame.

grafik

Pre-selected button highlight does not work in Buy Item window. “Buy” is pre-selected because it buys the item when I press Enter but it does not show that in the UI.

grafik
Potentially not a Photon issue, but: Enter Force Field Password is not separated from other options in a jump capable ship, even though EFFP has nothing to do with Open Jump Navigation or Jump To.

2 Likes

What Mining Crystals are these supposed to use?

More button design inconsistency. Why is the MAaR fully rectancular while the VO is not? And why don’t both follow the design of other multi-button row design principle of cut off edges on the left for the left most and on the right for the right most button that we see in notifications like “Join Fleet?”:

grafik

This design makes at least some sense. And that brings me to the next inconsistency. Why is the Undock button not cut off on both sides because it’s a single row button and other single row buttons (like the confirmation button in anomaly notifications or the time-out confirmation for fleet invite time out) have cut off corners on both sides. So many inconsistencies in just these few buttons. CCP can’t even uphold their own design principles on the most basic UI elements.

3 Likes

Me and a few others are having an issue where ONLY EVE Audio’s stereo is reversed. See: Ship audio coming out wrong speaker

Probe scanner window in Photon:

Probe scanner in the old UI:

The old UI does a much better job at telling you what is going on with your probes, makes it easier to recall them, makes it easier to understand information and see it and buttons are much easier to see and use. Photon removes button design, hides information and makes very a important button not only not look like a button but also makes it much smaller. Old UI is better than Photon here.

4 Likes