YC 122 New Eden Capsuleer's Writing Contest

Here you go:
Please don’t spoiler youself with the pictures =^_^=

It was really hard and I’m sure there is a lot I can improve on. :slight_smile:
I hope you enjoy the pictures and remember: it’s just a story, not reality. In my reality there is only one language and no need for a universal translator :wink:

4 Likes

Updated with all entries to date!

About 3 weeks from May 15th deadline.

Plenty of time to write something to submit (or to submit something you’ve worked on since the last contest!)

4 Likes

Submitted for my daughter, Madeleine Raske-Lancier, age 9, under poetry.

As verified by her tutor, no assistance was given.

YC 122 Poetry Entry Universe Dreams

3 Likes

For non competitive

3 Likes

Please accept my submission in Prose category - The Lesser of Evils.

3 Likes

Added four more entries to the OP

Still two weeks to go!

1 Like

I would like to submit this paper on Poetry please.

4 Likes

I’ll get to it soon.

3 Likes

If it is acceptable for me to do so, I would like to submit two separate pieces for independent consideration - both are prose:

1. A short story: Shards of Seyllin
  2. A scathing in-character rebuttal of Komi Valentine’s CSM campaign

Either will do, really, but I think I prefer the first.

3 Likes

Both entries have been accepted and will be listed on my next update

1 Like

On review, item 2 is classed under news as an opinion piece, editorial.

Also update made, 6 new entries added to the competition list in the OP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will submit to category 3 the theological essay “God Does Not Forgive: A Rejection of the Recent Concept of Forgivable Generational Inherited Sin” that was originally published on the IGS on November 19, 121.

2 Likes

I would ask to hereby submit [YC 122 Poetry] I Danced With Her, Cloaked In Night for consideration, with my thanks.

2 Likes

OP updated with four new entries.

Deadline is May 15th! Only one week left! Still time to write, polish and submit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

its May 12th - Deadline is May 15th ((OOC - I accept May 15th, as anywhere in the world))

Still time for some more entries!

2 Likes

Regarding submission, I have the story posted on my blog. Do I need to copy/paste the story text into this thread or just link to the blog post?

2 Likes

Either is fine, whichever works best for you. You may prefer to link the blog to retain as much of the original presentation.

1 Like

I would like to submit the following story to the Prose category: https://chasingtheblack.wordpress.com/2020/05/11/red-vs-blue/

Ownership verification: https://chasingtheblack.wordpress.com/2020/05/12/yc-122-new-eden-capsuleers-writing-contest/

3 Likes

I would like to submit the following to the prose category:
The Little Girl Who Spoke to The Trees

Different than what I was originally writing, but I like it.

3 Likes

I would like to submit the following to the poem category:

3 Likes