Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I believe that Lord Crases is often treated with an immense amount of hostility by my brothers and sisters of the Faith. While undoubtedly he has committed many controversial acts over the last year, and while we are quick to castigate, there is, in fact, a saving grace in Lord Crases’ conduct.

For does not the Almighty, whom is all-powerful, have the agency to work through such as Lord Crases? Admittedly, I am no great theologian, but I would argue that it is through Lord Crases himself that the Faithful can rest assured that God exists.

The proof?

For is it not an act of Divine Providence that a Providence in Providence should be forcefully decommissioned by Provibloc? Surely, no one would be capable of such a lapse in judgment except if God was working through them. For miracles are made manifest in mysterious ways.

Now, does this excuse Lord Crases of his many sins against Imperial Loyalists? No, of course not, he must show remorse and atonement. But credit should be given where credit is due and so I thank Lord Crases for demonstrating in the month of May YC121 that God truly exists.

So that’s where that load of Scorch L I misplaced went.

On the other hand. There must be plenty of room left over in his skull.

Atleast he stopped obsessing about the thighs of the Vherokior.

2 Likes

Good point.

It’s probably in your best interests not to remind him.

:cake:

This is worth mentioning separately.

Well, Professor, which is it? Does the “Ruling Conclave” who were so terrified of the light of the faith from sharing their names have the same wishes as you personally—the only one who shoulders the weight of the promulgation? Your words certainly imply otherwise.

However, it is worth mentioning that you seem to demonstrate that you maintain some moral integrity and perhaps it is possible you see the folly of AM’s current untenable position. If such is the case, then I am afraid I have been uncharitable to you personally and the obvious blame for diplomatic and public relations ineptitude sits on the shoulders of the other members of the “Ruling Conclave.”

I believe, Professor, you would do well to abandon AM entirely. I believe you would find that both your reputation as an academic and a loyalist would recover drastically as a result.

Happy anniversary, darling!

1 Like

Don’t worry. He found something new to obsess over.

1 Like

hehehe

Atleast you aren’t clothed in The Empress’s New Clothes.

1 Like

It’s just the standard toot and parp about appearing righteous and loyal that is so important to them. They’ll holler about being loyal to the Empire even if they had a poisoned dagger behind their back while shaking hands with the Empress. Best just to ignore it.

1 Like

Yeah, and they already bent over backwards fellating Chakaid in Amarr local. We really don’t need their toadying here, too.

Is that vow really that strong if they have to reaffirm it once or twice a year? I mean, I swore to protect our Republic once when I left the RMS and don’t need to reaffirm that every year. I simply do it because I swore to that one time and still have no regrets nor second thoughts…

Repetition is all about instilling it in people. The more you say it, the more you start to internalize it.

3 Likes

True. The empress has reason to want to reinforce notions of loyalty; there’ve been a couple dramatic incidents the last few years.

And, it probably seems particularly important with major changes underway.

4 Likes

It’s not uncommon, either. I mean, these more public jubilee/IGS postings maybe seem significant to outsiders, but this kind of repetition of oaths happens regularly in Amarr. You pledge to your liege, and his house, and the emperor, and God. God especially. We do that several times a day.

4 Likes

It is perhaps as strong as the individual making it. The reaffirmation of faith is something you see in all times and places when you are immersed with the common folk of Holy Amarr. Take a shuttle baseline sometime, and you will see and hear it.

Remember one of the most crucial passages from the Code of Demeanor:

"Be Respectful. Uniform Thought is the Way of Life. "

It is not enough to be pious, for that alone was not God’s commandment. Faith is to be shared.

4 Likes

To be honest, If I were to take a shuttle down there I highly doubt I’d be allowed to leave alive. Maybe when I was flying for StaPro I’d be safe since that would probably spark a diplomatic dispute or something and they are far from that inept to needlessly cause such an issue.

I do have to admit what ya said and the other responses make alot of sense, what can I say, blame it on my lacking my morning coffee. I prolly shoulda’ thought that more through. Thanks none the less.

2 Likes

We are not anymore since we became humans, since we started forming societies, building ties, laws, codes, morals, governments, corporations. Unlike animals humans can work together on same project, create things than animals can’t do - because they’re still free. We have ascended from the freedom to civilization. Only because we don’t fall for freedom we were able to reach the stars.

2 Likes

The eusocial insects, like ants, or bees, or the ice locusts of Eldmarbrurdus VI, also have a society, an orderly hierarchy, where a single living being serves the needs of the swarm, be it a drone or a brood queen. Are they humans too? Are rogue drones humans too? And what do you think of Sansha’s Nation?

We are creatures of chaos. The order you speak of is superficial, a thin ice above the abyss that is the Beast in us., and more often than not, that thin shell of ice is kept frozen by outside influence.