Hey everyone, Im Teddy Gbyc Director and Head FC of Foxholers
- Your EVE Online story.
My Eve online story began in 2014. Like the majority of players in the game, I started out in nullsec. I began in Providence in a small industrial corp learning the basics and helping with CVA pings when I could. Eventually joining Forging Industries inside the alliance AFK, where I participated in the many defences of Providence while plying my trade as an industrialist.
In 2016, I started to grow bored and discontent with null life. I sought out a change, eventually deciding on a move to wormhole space. Joining the small corp (at the time) of ShekelSquad in their 5-4 wormhole before we moved into a 5-5. Eventually I was promoted to EUTZ director of the corp as we grew and became a well known name in wormhole space with awesome fights and infamous memes.
Leaving [SHKL] in 2018 I became a part of Foxholers, being engaged to the CEO, Ashy. This meant getting involved in smaller scale 5-5 wormhole life again and also participating in the Alliance Tournament with her and Villore Accords (Battle Badger!). Later down the line, I rejoined some old friends in Chain Smoking (5-5) and eventually became the CEO of the corp and banding together again with Foxholers in Outfoxed. At first this was in a 2-5/NS and then a 4-2/3 wormhole.
During this time the Surgical Strike patch hit the game along with the rolling changes which significantly hurt our ability to find content at the time. There were definitely upsides to the patch, but the overall effect on wormhole space combat is undeniable and must be clearly and directly communicated to CCP and the community.
- Your areas of expertise. In which areas of the game do you feel you are the most knowledgeable? What qualities set you apart from other candidates?
- Has been a director or a CEO for 5 years
- Has been an FC for 5 years, FC’s small gang to large heavy armour brawls
- Has participated in some of the bigger evictions/fights in recent wormhole history
- Has constantly dabbled in wormhole industry for years
- Has deep knowledge of wormhole PvP and PvE
Why are you applying for the CSM?
The main reason I want to stand is to provide a voice against any changes that would negatively impact our way of life and attempt to stop us becoming “Unwilling collateral damage” again. CCP has proven again and again over the last summit that they sorely lack the knowledge and understanding of wormhole space mentality and mechanics.
I want to become the constant voice in the back of ccp’s head saying “What about wormhole space?”
What can players expect from you?
To be reachable in and out of game
To support wormhole space in its entirety with the aim of creating a healthy and fun environment
To not be afraid to tell it how it is
To be your voice for wormhole space
I would also like to touch upon the various issues that wormhole space is facing at the moment:
The mass roaching fleets
- These are not the typical farming fleets of a few nestors and a leshak ran by corp members to make isk. When I or other wormhole candidates talk about these “Roaching Fleets” what we mean by that is the use of massive fleets of Nestor’s and Leshaks numbering in the 20-20’s. They clear sites faster than a dread setup while effectively only risking a single ship at a time due to how the AI in these sites all warp scramble the primary of the site.
The Detrimental impact of Surgical Strike
- Surgical Strike was a change last year that increased the DPS of short range ammo while also reducing resists across all ships by 20%. This had a massive and fundamental effect on wormhole space’s main form of content at the time, in the form of Heavy Armour Brawls. These brawls between C5 corps involved Multiple Capitals and the use of a FAX to hold grid against the massive amounts of DPS. Now after the patch FAX’s cannot hold t3’s or battleships to the extent such that these engagements are a thing of the past outside of a Wolf Rayet . Heavy Armour brawling is one of the core pieces of content for a wormhole corp and you can see the impact the effective removal of these brawls has had on wormhole space.
If you wish to contact me you can either reply to this forum thread, PM me on Discord (teddy9110#6848) or you can reach me on the Outfoxed Discord