Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM 14

I was looking more for the ability to fit a BS MWD to enable the freighter to do the MWD stop MWD warp trick to reduce time to get into warp, but it also means that by pulsing your MWD while being bumped you can give yourself more chance to warp to a fleet mate in a ceptor. I would suggest that if more fitting options were allowed then the tank could be reduced a bit.

I am happy that they can stack up suicide points if they want to.

At one point I managed to get a bumper ganker to be reasonable and in amongst the many insults, deflections and mis-stating of my position I was told that five minutes was a time that they thought would be reasonable for them to get a fleet in place. The toxic attitude they gave me just to get that out of them was rather sad by the way… Five minutes seems reasonable to me which is why I suggested it with the safe log off when locked.

But thanks for you reply, I appreciate it.

1 Like

He did WOT?

Hi, I can’t see them implementing this. Seems rather like ‘it won’t be done anyway, so i’ll campaign for it so I can say I campaigned for it…’.

So, in other words? Not much you can do…

The max time for bumping was something ccp were looking at. Just hasnt made it out yet.

As for the htfu, I don’t remember the incident in question, but its entirely possible it happened. Ganking is a fact of life, and while I’d like to ensure the are limits on it (not being bumped for half an hour, for example), I dont want to see it go away. Highsec is the safer region. Not a safe region

2 Likes

Hi, so why not campaign to make it safe, or safer?

Cheerz.

Hello Steve,

I would be grateful if you could respond on the following issues I have raised in the forum recently. I’m not asking you to read them, but just get a basic sense of why I’m no longer playing Eve properly. If you support me, then I will include you in my voting decision.

Here they are:

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/new-high-sec-dreadnought/160545/69

Ofcourse I don’t expect any of these discussions to be adapted within the game, but at the very least, it’s lovely to feel like someone has ‘heard’ you, so you’re not just a ranting, moaning person on the forums.

Thanks for your time Steve.

Daisy.

Even if I liked the idea of highsec being entirely safe, I think changing it to perfect security would be a bridge too far, this late into the game. You’d see an exodus of some current players, probably without a subsequent replacement.

However, I don’t like the idea of perfect safety for it. You can take steps to mitigate the risks, but you can’t eliminate them entirely. (Mitigation mostly comes down to ‘be a less attractive looking target’ :slight_smile: ) The risk adds a little spice. Loss has meaning in Eve. I find that makes life more interesting.

As for your other posts, I’ll take a look at them and respond there, where they’re not already locked.

2 Likes

Hmmm, so you don’t agree with any of my ideas, which is perfectly fine.

But what are you then campaigning for in high-sec?

Thanx.

I was told reliably that a certain person said to CCP that there was no demand for it, which was a big shock to most of the people I know in the game.

In terms of that exchange it was some time ago on the forums and I am not wanting to get into a flame war, I have enough of that with gankers in any case, but you fell into the trap of assuming that I wanted total safety and replied to me on that basis, which is why I made sure to be very clear that I am not after total safety. I will go and say that I want to end bumping as it is, and I get the reply from gankers you want to end ganking and then they go off on a rant as if that is what I am suggesting. When it is in fact them deciding to give up because it got slightly harder for them, the poor lambs.

I agree with you that hisec should have danger, what I am doing is looking at the game play that makes it too dangerous, to certain to lose and has no effective counter for those affected by it and bumping is exactly that.

I am happy with you reply, it is not my preferred way, but it will do the job. Once that is done I will be a happy bunny because the balance will be OK. My next job will be to then develop the counter play for those gankers that are still up for something that has got a little bit harder, because at that point I believe that my active gameplay will actually make a difference while at the moment I have no chance to have an impact on them.

2 Likes

I’m not. Because that’s not what the csm does. If someone says “I will try and make ccp do X”, they’re either mistaken about how the csm works, or they’re lying to you.

I’m representing highsec dwellers. Because I am one.

1 Like

Then what is the purpose of the csm?

To bring opinion to CCP, and to give feedback on what they bring to the CSM. (which is what the NDA is for)

So what part of “where is your agenda and campaign ad” doesn’t connect with “bringing opinion to ccp” ??

Steve another issue which I would like to expose, something that I tried to push in the war dec discord before I got meta gamed out of it and in the dev threads, I especially noted Jin’Taans ideas here.

War decs, it got close to what I wanted to see, but there is still one missing piece, from my perception of war decs the real push should be to make the defender want to fight. CONCORD allows wars to develop capsuleers, but all the major war dec alliances and corps TZ tank. Therefore we need to make the structure in which the war HQ is in to be vulnerable in the TZ of the defender. Then we can turn carebears into carebears with teeth. What is your opinion of this?

Steve you just got my vote for CSM 14. Hope you will win again this year!

1 Like

Not getting my vote. You didn’t reply to my questions. You clearly have zero interest in the community.

You have 1 hour to convince me otherwise, so you still got a chance to sway me.

Why should I spend a vote on you?

Be STRONG and DIRECT if you want to convince me…I can’t stand wishy-washiness…

I guess I should take down all my sites and walk away then. Oh, wait, I’m not going to do that, because I do have interest in the community, and providing a service to them. (As a tip, it’s a service which costs me money each month. I don’t make any profit)

From the timestamp, I guess I failed. Because I work, during UK working hours. I do drop in occasionally through the day, but I’m not on 24x7.

Anyway, if you don’t think I would represent you, there’s a simple solution. Vote for someone else. I’m not here to beg.

4 Likes

Absolutely disgusting reply. I also live and work in UK.

Voted for you twenty mins ago, but not in top 3 sorry.

X

OK first of all thank you very much for your work on fuzzwork, LP store in particular is very useful to me personally. I didn’t know it costs you money to keep it up. Are 3rd party Eve sites forbidden from running ads?

But more importantly:

Steve please explain to me where is the line between giving ideas to CCP, which means having details to push for or bring up to CCP, and being forced to remain silent because of NDA.
And in this context what do you understand exactly by:

If someone says “I will try and make ccp do X”, they’re either mistaken about how the csm works, or they’re lying to you.

I’m asking because I really don’t understand why so many campaign threads have no details at all, details candidates want to to push for / suggest to CCP. Even though those things are transparent enough which is for example shown with February Summit.

Steve Ronuken is next to join the conversation:
o He suggests t2 salvage drones. CCP Rise writes it down.
o He points out that making cyclones results in lost money.
o He would also like a new source for the Leopard.

Quote like this looks like having ideas and specific issues to talk to with CCP, ideas that can very well be used as campaign thread elements from what I can understand?
Unless CSM Summit Minutes is the only allowed medium that can show what CSM proposed?

Or unless by “try and make ccp do X” you mean people who want to force their opinions and ideas, while reality is, well naturally they don’t have the power to make final decisions, because it’s of course Devs who do that?

To summarize: what is wrong exactly with proposing things in campaign threads?

1 Like

Nope. But I also know how many impressions I get per month. And I’m not in this to make money.

As for the rest:

Sure, a CSM candidate can push ideas at CCP. But there’s absolutely no guarantee that anything will come of them. see: No T2 salvage drone, no new source of leopards. See cyclones still being unprofitable to make :wink:

It’s very much a secondary function of the CSM.

The problem is that people like people who promise them things. Even when they can’t deliver. If it’s because the person is unaware of the situation, well, that’s time for education. If they person is lying, that’s a whole other ballgame.

1 Like