South of Heaven [SOHCO] Looking for Casual PvPers in Placid/Syndicate!
Who We Are:
SOHCO is a group of veteran and new players (15 actual people) doing solo, micro, and small gang pvp and PvE to fund the habit. We’re casual PvPers - aging gamers with real life commitments that prevent us from going full hardcore Eve. We still love seeing spaceships explode though, so we’re carving out a little niche for ourselves in Syndicate/Placid. We are currently headquartered in Placid and West Syndicate. We roam Caldari/Gallente low sec and anywhere in Null without the hassle of long blue lists, lack of nearby PvP content, and all the other BS that comes with Sov Null.
What You Get:
- Classy People: We insist on mature members who demonstrate wit, humor and sportsmanship. No ignorant behavior toward others will be tolerated.
- Actual Friends: Our core group has been playing Eve together for a year or more, and we are part of a 12-year old multi-game community. As friends with deep roots, we have cultivated a fun, collaborative, zero-drama atmosphere.
- Organization: We have seasoned leadership with a proven track record across multiple games. Our decision-making is consistently transparent, thoughtful, and well-planned.
- Casual PvP: We encourage members to be engaged, take risks, create content, and help us blow up spaceships. Want to learn how to fly better, or how to FC? We can help you do that in a chill environment where no one cares if you make a mistake!
- Relaxed: We are committed to making Eve fun and accessible to working adults. We balance fun, improvement, and real life. Our typical weekdays involve PvE or other isk making activities for an hour or so a night to fund a weekend of PvP. We run one scheduled PvP fleet every Saturday at 0200 and pickup fleets throughout the week.
Who Are We Looking For?
Casual PvPers who want a relaxed environment outside of the null sec donut or W-space. Your killboard, total SP, and history don’t mean a whole lot to us. We’re more interested in whether you’ll be a good fit for our group and our setup. Are you a nice person who believes in treating people with dignity and respect? Do you want PvP at least one or two times a week? You’ll probably enjoy flying with us if you answer “yes” to these questions.
We’re recruiting for any TZ, but we’re primarily USTZs right now, with an fairly even spread across EST, CST, and MST. Our prime time is between 0100 and 0400. We have no minimum SP requirement, and we have quite a few newer players who’ve joined us recently. We can definitely talk if you’re a new player interested in playing with a smaller corp, but we like to note upfront that we aren’t able to offer the perks and services that large new player alliances like Eve Uni and Brave Newbies provide.
Applicant Requirements & Next Steps:
If you’re interested in joining us, contact Simone Kaundur by in-game mail, convo, or here on the forums. You can also register on our forums (https://www.sohguild.com/), and post an introduction message in the Public Access subforum. In both cases, we’ll ask you to do a short voice chat on Discord with one of us before we send you a corp invite.