The purpose of this tool is to provide a simple way to keep an eye on several simultaneously running EVE Online clients and to easily switch between them. While running it shows a set of live thumbnails for each of the active EVE Online clients. These thumbnails allow fast switch to the corresponding EVE Online client either using mouse or a configurable hotkey.
It's essentially a task switcher, it does not relay any keyboard/mouse events and suchlike. The program works with EVE, EVE through Steam, or any combination thereof.
The program does NOT (and will NOT ever) do the following things:
- modify EVE Online interface
- display modified EVE Online interface
- broadcast any keyboard or mouse events
- anyhow interact with EVE Online except of bringing its main window to foreground or resizing it
Under any conditions you should NOT use EVE-O Preview for any actions that might break EULA or ToS of EVE Online.
If you have find out that some of the features or their combination of EVE-O Preview might cause
actions that can be considered as breaking EULA or ToS of EVE Online you should consider them as a bug and immediately notify the Developer ( Phrynohyas Tig-Rah ) via in-game mail.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
- Windows Aero Enabled
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+ (it is already included in Windows 8+)
How To Install & Use
Direct download (version 3.0.1)
- Download and extract the contents of the .zip archive to a location of your choice (ie: Desktop, CCP folder, etc). Please do not install the application into the Program Files or Program files (x86) folders. These folders in general do not allow applications to write anything there while EVE-O Preview now stores its configuration file next to its executable, thus requiring the write access to the folder it is installed into.
- Start up both EVE-O Preview and your EVE Clients (the order does not matter)
- Adjust settings as you see fit. Program options are described in the readme.pdf contained here or in the readme.pdf file
If you did encounter a bug or a crash please do the following, as this will greatly help me to pin down and fix the possible bug:
Next to the .exe file there is a configuration .JSON file. Please send it to me via EVE in-game mail. To protect your privacy please replace the name(s) of your alt(s) in the message with something like 'EVE - Alt 1' , 'EVE - Alt 2', etc before actually sending it out to me.
ISK/PLEX/faction ships donations are not required but are highly welcome. Top supporters will be listed on a separate tab in the main EOP dialog (unless they'd want to stay incognito)