New? Old? Alone? Don't be - join Puffin Squads - Home of the Underdogs

Hi, I’m Mad Librarian (MadLib) from Puffin Squads, home of the underdogs. We pillage for the oppressed!

Puffin Squads organises public fleets - and now we also opened our corps as a transitional home for old and new players - alphas are welcome! So if you know any returning players, alts or alphas who want to slowly get (back) into the game, point them to our corp. The Corp will be there as a stable home to park chars, hang out, do EVE stuff and provide the backbone to organise it all.

So how do we roll? We organise along deployments where we try to support the underdogs in conflicts by running public fleets into the regions. This means that people will join for a deployment and - if they like the region and the alliances we support - perhaps stay with them when we move on to the next. That is also why you will find recruiters and people that atm are shooting back on our discord. Those not participating in a deployment are naturally also happy to stay on in Corp.

First Deployment was Providence during the station changes! Check out the shocking deployment vid… and the info on staging and fits.

Recent Deployment: At the moment we mostly are found joining NPSI fleets (Spectre, Bomber’s Bar…) to train and experiment (as one can easily see from our killboard), as it has gotten a bit quiet and we were too occupied to produce moar quality recruitment videos…

You want to know more? I woud be happy to get a crazy bunch of people together to run it with. We want to have fun playing EVE and reduce the management stuff to the bare minimum. Just shoot me an eve-mail, if you want to join! You can also join our public Discord or in-game channels PuffinPublic and PuffinFleets and get more info on our blog puffinsquad blogspot com.

Cheers and happy hunting,

MadLib

3 Likes

Links to all the stuff mentioned above:

AND as bumping is boring without a little new stuff, here our secret battle plan from our first roam as bonus content… some might have experienced similar stuff…

We will announce our public fleets on the forums, too! Be there, bring friends, have fun! The roam is newbie friendly and perfect, if you want to get a basic intro on what fleets are all about…

Some more info to bump the post and offer some good content in the process:

The 8 golden rules of EVE for newbies - extended with r/eve-wisdom - check it out!

Content bump: EVE Out of Game Tools for Capsuleers [Puffin Squad Blog]

…and another guide, this time on Ratting, as one of our corpies got ganked in low sec: THE JOYS OF RATTING IN LOW-SEC.

…and where there is a guide on ratting, there always has to be one on mining - so check out our overview on mining with links to guides: Shoot those roids - a guide to mining in EVE Online.

We want YOU for Puffin Squads!

One thing to also look out for are the academic articles about EVE, that sometimes pop up: EVE Online Studies!

Hello, ive reactivated my account to play eve again. my main character is sitting at 55million mostly spread between combat skills such as drones, gunnery, shield, armour, etc as i when i was active a few years ago i did mostly faction warfare. i also have a 17.5 million alt character that i was building up to fly orcas for mining fleets when i was working on university at the time. im hoping to return and find a new home and i want to do new stuff that isn’t just factionwarare button spinning.

Hey @Rev_Sullivan! Let’s talk on our discord! Cheers, MadLib

…and as a service to our community we want to inform players with this bump that part of the fanfest 2018 roundtables were recorded by Puffin Squads… stay tuned, they get cut now and released together with the other recordings!

Like academic articles…? have links to some…? Please also post them here so we can add them to our EVE Online Studies Category on the Puffin Squads Blog!

And one more article on our blog:

OF SPACESHIPS AND MEN - MAPPING THE POLITY OF EVE ONLINE

We did have fun in a public roam when we tried out roleplaying fleets!… was fun, we will try to do this more often - fleets start normally from Kheram, 18:00-20:00 EVE.

A great - and short - post for day-old newbies on how to land in New Eden has just been published on our blog. Check it out!

If you made it down to this post, definitly also check out the Clear Skies EVE Fan-Movies… great stuff!

…oh and look for EVE Parodies on soundcloud… great EVE songs there…

Puffin Squads presents… the best EVE Parody Songs…