Hello spacefriends! With the new update on SISI today you will see a long anticipated feature for Upwell Structures that we are working on getting to you this September.
Upwell Cargo Deposit allows players flying outside any Upwell Structure to place items into their own personal hangar in the structure without docking.
The initial seed of this concept was planted a few years back when we were working on adding contracts to Upwell Structures and enlisted the aid of a focus group to help us improve the feature. One of the suggestions put forward by the courier contract experts was to allow items to be placed into the structures even if you can’t dock – so that third party courier services could ensure delivery even if their hauler characters don’t have the ability to dock in every station. We also think that this ability will be very useful for pilots flying ships that are too large to dock in a particular structure, such as Rorqual pilots mining outside an Athanor-class refinery.
The cargo deposit system is quite easy to use. You can open up the cargo deposit window from any ship that is in space within 10km of an Upwell Structure using the right click menu, radial menu, or selected item window. You can then drag items from your cargo (or other specialized ship bays such as the ore bay) into the cargo deposit window and hit the “Transfer” button to place them into the structure.
A few quick points about what to expect:
- You do not need to have access to dock or tether on a structure in order to use Upwell Cargo Deposit. Beware that if you place items into a structure that you do not have permission to dock in, you may need to use asset safety to retrieve them.
- You will not be able to use the cargo deposit system while you have an active weapons timer or criminal timer, or while cloaked.
- The cargo deposit range on Upwell Structures is 10km, just like tethering (although remember that you can use cargo deposit even if you do not have permissions to tether)
- Upwell Cargo Deposit may only be used to place items into a structure, not to take items out of your item hangar while undocked.
- This service will automatically be available on all Upwell Structures in all areas of space.
You can give this feature a try on SISI starting right now, and we are very interested to hear what you think.
- On this SISI build the restrictions that prevent depositing cargo with an active weapons or criminal timer are not yet working.