Torvald Uruz for CSM18

CSM Video

My Eve History

Early On (2009-2012);

I first started playing Eve in September of 2009. My original character was different from my main now, but originally I was SGTheron Shal’tek (big SG1 nerd here). Early on in my time in Eve, I didn’t really do much. I was a spotty player that worked his way up to doing Level 4s in highsec in a Battleship. I would play for a bit, quit, and come back for a bit. Nothing really excited happened during this time, although I did lose a Paladin somewhere during this time because I shot at a Tengu who baited me.

Mid Game (2012-2018);

This is the timeframe I started diving into more part of Eve, specifically Faction Warfare with a little bit of null sec shenanigans. Early on during this time period, I was flying as a Caldari FW pilot in FW lowsec. I bounced around a bit, and even did some Nullsec stuff until I realized that nullsec wasn’t the life for me. Ultimately I went back to FW space, this time as Gallente, and joined Aideron Robotics, which was a member of Federation Uprising. This was my favorite time in FW. We conducted system sieges, small gang/large fleet ops, roams, and even had null sec space for income. This was a time period where I did just about everything, except for Wormhole content. While in FEDUP, I did quite a bit of moon mining, industry, and logistics to help out leadership. This golden era came to an end when we lost our SOV space to Snuffed Out, and the alliance decided to move out of lowsec/FW space to join in the big null wars.

Modern time (2019-Present);

Around the time we lost our SOV and the alliance decided to head deeper into null, Abyssal Deadspace content was released. This was when I started doing that and streaming. The Original Abyssal Arena became popular to watch on Twitch, and I had a ton of fun with it. This was my main activity until they closed the old arena, and brought out the new arena. During this time I had also decided that because I miss FW and desperately wanted CCP to finally work on FW, I ran for and was elected on CSM15. My main focus on CSM15 was to get CCP to focus on FW. To do this, I worked alongside Phantomite and Gobbins to arrange a meeting with the head producers and directors at CCP to hear us out. While Phantomite and Gobbins were more focused on driving conflict, structures, and the ecosystem – my entire focus was purely on the gameplay of FW. We had our meeting, and nothing more came from it until 1.5 year later when CCP finally announced they were working on FW. After my time on CSM, my entire focus in Eve was on the new iteration of Abyssal Proving Grounds, lowsec roams, events, and Abyssal PvE.

Why I want to run for CSM18

I felt a huge sense of success and achievement when I finally learned that CCP was focusing on FW, and I want to have that impact again. I now have a lot more experience from my previous CSM term and can go on to CSM18 with realistic expectations. CSM is a focus group. We’re a tool that CCP can run stuff by, and bounce ideas off. I don’t have this huge expectation of going onto CSM and accomplishing what I did on CSM15. My focus now, is getting CCP to focus on what players want and what makes the game fun. A few of these areas:

• Events

• Events break of the monotony of Eve. Seasonal and regular events give us something to look forward to and do outside of our normal Eve time, and they’re great at influencing content that otherwise wouldn’t happen (fighting over event sites). On top of that, events offer us unique rewards whether they’re boosters or cosmetics (NO CASH SHOP P2W CRAP PLZ CCP). I want to serve on CSM to encourage events, and work with CCP to make events both more fun and rewarding that way players are encouraged to go out and do them.
  • PvE

• Whether you like it or not, PvE is a basic function and major part of this game. I was drawn to Abyssal deadspace due to the amount of variation and the fun that it brings over typical PvE (missions, ratting). I want to work with CCP to make PvE better. We have an entire universe with tons of content to work with. I’m not asking CCP to remove anything, and no I’m not for any new kind of instanced content. We have abyssal deadspace and Proving Grounds, I am not advocating for any new instanced content. I’m the owner and operator of one of the largest communities in Eve, The Abyssal Lurkers in game channel and Discord, and I see a ton of people coming into this community because they were told running Abyssal PvE in highsec is the safest and best way to make money. That right there is an issue, someone going out to nullsec should not be looking at running instanced content in high sec because they can’t make the same or better income where they live and operate out of. Risk vs Reward. I don’t have any grand ideas or presentations like I did with Faction Warfare, but I do have the ability to go onto CSM as a player that wants to bring more interaction and variety to Eve Online PvE.
      • Missions in Eve are a foundation of this game that should of course stay as they are, but I’d love to see new mission content added that doesn’t replace the old missions. I’d love to see missions that have variety and different outcomes. Maybe I don’t want to save that damsel in distress for the 1000th time.
  • Faction Warfare

• I’ve achieved my goal of getting CCP to finally work on FW after years of only getting small tweaks here and there, but I want to keep at it. FW is an unique area of space that gives players the ability to participate in quick action. I want to continue working with CCP to make it even better. One thing I’d love to see with FW is a rank system. We already have a rank system, but it’s an old and useless system. I’d like to see FW rank actually be an achievement, and give rewards based off of rank. The big factors when you think about an actual ranked system; PvP activity, warzone activity, and time in service. This is such a cool system that could reward players and showcase who is actually a veteran of FW while rewarding them for being high rank.
  • Another Issue I’d like to bring up to CCP - Evermarks. I believe Evermarks were a horrible idea compared to just monetizing aesthetics/customization, and the current dailies are 1) annoying and 2) way too focused on Evermarks. This should be an easy fix that I’m hoping to address with CCP if elected. No, I do not want to go mine ore, or kill X enemies in the Abyss to get Evermarks. I especially don’t want to shoot a firework at an NPC for Evermarks.

Why should you vote for me?

I’m a casual Eve player. I’m not the leader of any corp or alliance, I don’t play Eve at any advanced level. I’m just a player that hops on to enjoy the game and have fun. I don’t have any agenda that favors a specific group, nor do I plan on giving anything but my true and unbiased feedback working with CCP. If you vote for me, you’re voting for a voice to help make the game better and stop CCP from doing some of the questionable things they’ve done in the past. This is a game and it should be fun, and that is my ultimate goal. As a member of CSM, my job would be to take any concerns or issues the playerbase has and take it to CCP. Anyone can bring me an issue at anytime, and I will do my absolute best to hear it out and make sure I fully understand the issue and take it to CCP with as much information as possible. You can contact me anytime in game (Torvald Uruz) or on Discord. I think numbers are gone now so my Discord is simply “Torvalduruz”.

TL;DR I’ve played Eve for 14 years now, with experience in everything except for wormholes. My main go-to content is FW and Abyssal deadspace PvE/PvP. I want to work with CCP on CSM18 to focus on PvE across the game, events, and continue working on FW.

9 Likes

I have read all of the other applicants entries and wasn’t impressed by their take on the future of EVE.
I like your ideas so I’m voting for you.
Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you! If I’m elected I’ll do my absolute best to get us fun and exciting stuff to do in Eve.

After reading your OP I have no doubt about that.

illustration-girl-holding-huge-heart-her-hands_190952-12

1 Like

Oh Captain, my Captain

1 Like

Back for more? Respect and good luck with your run!

1 Like

I like your EVE TikToks.

1 Like

I have received payment, and am now pleased to announce that the mighty Safety. alliance will be recommending miner Torvald for the CSM.

1 Like

Miner!? This is news to me o.O

2 Likes

@Torvald_Uruz would you back any idea mentioned below as CSM member?

1. Insane idea - pay with PLEX in NES for extra dev time
  2. Quafe+ is from "biomass" (...or corpse reprocessing)
  3. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - Better Visibility Of Other Players’ PI Networks
  4. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - 13 requests for Stack Split enhancment since Jun’18
  5. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - PI KB-shortcuts for toggling between groups of structures

o7 Elinore!

There are a few of these I’d definitely back and bring up to CCP, though one that I hope we would never need!

1. This is insane, but not in a bad way. It’s insane in a way that we should never need this, even though it can feel like we do at times >.< While it’s a fun idea, I wouldn’t want PLEX to be tied to it. What I do love about the idea though is us players voting on issues, and giving CCP an idea of what we want. I feel like so many issues could be avoided this way, because CCP has this weird ability of coming up with crap we never wanted or asked for. Would love to see them implement a vote system to decide what features they focus on.
  2. Yes! This opens up an entirely new profession in Eve for corpses haha. But I like the idea of being able to actually use corpses other than having a gigantic collection of them in a hangar. Imagine that one person that trains Corpse Reprocessing to 5, goes around and collects/buy corpses, and makes a living off of this. Big yes!
  3. I’m a huge PI nerd and would love to get more accurate information. It’d be nice to know if a planet had tons of people doing PI on it, or none at all. It’d have to be done in a way to where you can make out what’s going on, so it’s not a huge mess that you can’t make sense of, and it has to be able to be toggled off and on. But yeah, I’d love to see who else is doing what on the same planet.
  4. Nothing popped up for that one, is there a thread on it?
  5. As I said earlier, I’m a huge PI nerd and want way more for PI. Shortcuts? Yes, all of them please. I’d love to have patterns setup for extraction heads, shortcuts to access facilities easier, a button on the PI menu to reset extractors, all of it.
1 Like

No 4 is forum search link in CCP’s QoL thread, you should see 13 (but out only 8 are relevant here) posts from that thread asking for enhancments to Stack Split functionality:

1 Like

Oh duh hahah, sorry about that now I see what you’re talking about!

This is another update that I would absolutely love to have and would definitely be useful in a ton of different situations. For example, going back to PI, I grab 4 stacks of different PI material and I have to break those 4 stacks up into 16 total stacks and it’s always such a hassle that could be made much easier by some of these ideas! Fully support and definitely something I am adding to my list to take to CCP.

1 Like
  1. What do CCP do right?
  2. What do CCP do wrong?
  3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?
  4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
  5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?
  6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?
  7. How would you improve PI?
  8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?
1 Like

1. What do CCP do right?

This question is definitely a struggle, because there are issues they struggle with even when they’re doing right. Overall, they do seem to listen to us somewhat. When we have issues, whether it’s CSM or the entire community bringing it up, they do listen and act on it. For example, the P2W crap they tried recently. We immediately went into an uproar and they took it out. Another example, FW. They did the big release and continued to iterate on it after receiving feedback.

2. What do CCP do wrong?

They can seem very disconnected from their playerbase. They chase crap that we didn’t ask for or don’t want, but they seem to think they know what’s best. A big example of this, the entire customization of citadels the paragon/dailies. Aesthetics/customization is the easiest thing in the world to monetize, and they decided to go the complete wrong way with it and basically make it this entire system that we didn’t ask for. For now this is only on structures, but they showcased a ton of stuff at Fanfest 2022 (heraldry), which is an easy monetization item that they passed up completely on to justify this paragon/evermark crap.

Another huge issue with CCP, timelines and tunnel visioning. They made scarcity last for so long and that’s really the only thing they focused on during that entire time period. They have a horrible habit of taking way too long to do stuff, and putting everything else on the backburner while they work. They have all of these development teams yet they seem to focus them all on one task. For example, right now they’re working on these grand narrative story arcs.

3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?

• Honestly, a ton of out of game tools. It’s annoying that we have to use Dotlan because the in game map isn’t as functional. Also, Pyfa. These are all great tools that we should have access to in game rather than relying on the awesome player developers to do CCP’s job.

• Another thing that comes to mind, I want more dynamic PvE. The abyss is awesome but it’s problem is that it’s instanced content that is done in high-sec. I want to have stuff like the abyss outside in the universe. All other PvE in the game bores me, so I stick to abyssals because it’s challenging and dynamic. CCP needs to add fun PvE type content outside of the Abyss.

• One of my huge wish list items is the ranking system in FW. I’m a huge advocate of progression systems, and I love FW, so I’d love to see the ranking system actually be used. This could be a great way to give players in FW something to work towards, while also rewarding players for hitting milestones and achievements in FW.

• Also, this is maybe a strange one, but I’d love to see chat channels in Eve with the ability to display roles. Much like Discord, I’d like to see different people in chat channels names show up as different colors to identify them based off of roles in that group (corp/alliance/public community player ran channels).

4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
Hypernet comes to mind. We had it good with Somerblink and IWantIsk, but CCP ruined those to create an in game model so they could make money off of it.

Another quick thing that comes to mind is dailies. These dailies for paragon are ridiculous. They focus way too much on Abyssal content when we have an entire universe full of stuff that could be used for daily tasks. Also, I don’t want so many damn evermarks!!

I don’t know if this counts, but CCP selling skill point packs. There is an entire system of extractors and skill injectors, and CCP selling SP directly in my opinion is wrong.

Also, local as intel. I don’t agree with blackout, but I do think that having an instant intel tool is not such a great idea. I’d like to see something like a local delay, maybe a minute delay before someone pops up in local. It’s a crap feeling when you get to a system and everyone is already docked up, or starbursts the second you appear in local. Give the skilled hunters a chance to catch someone!

5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?

Player-Driven content. Market, PvP, empires, ganking, mining, wormholes, missions, all of it. Other than what I mentioned in question 4, I think the game should continue as is!

6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?

Pay-2-win!!! No one should ever be able to swipe their credit card and get an advantage that can only be gotten from real world money. No golden ammo, no cash shop only boosters.

7. How would you improve PI?

PI :heart: Here’s a few things I personally want:

• Templates - Let me save entire templates for a planet that way setting up isn’t a literal enemy of my wrist.
  • Easy “Reset all” extractor button on the PI interface rather than going to each planet and reseting each extractor.
  • Enable a hexagon pattern option - rather than having the facilities goes wherever you set them, let us choose to have a hexagon pattern view where the facilities fit perfectly.
  • Allow us to send material from the launchpad to the POCO without undocking.

Honestly the one thing I can think of is a structure/station menu in the Corp UI. It’d be nice to see all of the citadels or stations that the corp uses, with a description of why or what that structure is for. Sure there is the offices tab, but I think an entire tab dedicated to structures would be nice, with some kind of text are to explain the structure.

Wow Torvald you and @Kshal_Aideron have given the most in depth answers so far. Now to read them.

• Honestly, a ton of out of game tools. It’s annoying that we have to use Dotlan because the in game map isn’t as functional. Also, Pyfa. These are all great tools that we should have access to in game rather than relying on the awesome player developers to do CCP’s job.

OMG marry me! When I first started playing I made this really long cringey post about this very thing.

To be fair I was new to the game when I wrote it.

• Another thing that comes to mind, I want more dynamic PvE. The abyss is awesome but its problem is that it’s instanced content that is done in high-sec. I want to have stuff like the abyss outside in the universe. All other PvE in the game bores me, so I stick to abyssals because it’s challenging and dynamic. CCP needs to add fun PvE type content outside of the Abyss.

Too true, I love solo play. I take group stuff so seriously that I don’t do any of it for fear that I’ll be unreliable, work AUTZ.

• One of my huge wish list items is the ranking system in FW. I’m a huge advocate of progression systems, and I love FW, so I’d love to see the ranking system actually be used. This could be a great way to give players in FW something to work towards, while also rewarding players for hitting milestones and achievements in FW.

OMG yes, Torvald, where have you been this whole time. I should really vote for you. I think I’m going to watch your YouTubes now.

• Also, this is maybe a strange one, but I’d love to see chat channels in Eve with the ability to display roles. Much like Discord, I’d like to see different people in chat channels names show up as different colors to identify them based off of roles in that group (corp/alliance/public community player ran channels).

Dude you’re making me do all these quotes, this is a great idea and reminds me again of @Kshal_Aideron wanting to be able to x up in fleet more easily, more intuitively, more reliably.

Another quick thing that comes to mind is dailies. These dailies for paragon are ridiculous. They focus way too much on Abyssal content when we have an entire universe full of stuff that could be used for daily tasks. Also, I don’t want so many damn evermarks!!

Yes execution on this leaves a lot to be desired.

Would you go the Factorio route after increasing efficiency through templates and global resets?

Honestly the one thing I can think of is a structure/station menu in the Corp UI. It’d be nice to see all of the citadels or stations that the corp uses, with a description of why or what that structure is for. Sure there is the offices tab, but I think an entire tab dedicated to structures would be nice, with some kind of text are to explain the structure.

Added to this I personally would love to see schematics for deployables the way we have for the ship tree. I still do not know what all the in-game deployables are.

Thanks for your reply Torvald I’d heart you but im all out of hearts.

1 Like

Your name is very familiar… I cannot remember if it was negative or positive. This was before I began my catalog of people I have encountered in EvE and elsewhere.

Will you stop RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means?

Hopefully it’s positive! :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been around Eve for 14 years now so we’ve most likely crossed paths somewhere.

Ultimately, as much a I’m against any kind of RMT, that’s up to CCP to do. The best I can do as a CSM representative is to ensure any and all information related is forwarded to CCP and push them to ensure a proper investigation and action is taken. If I see or hear something, it’ll brought to CCP and I’ll follow up until I know everything has been done to get to the bottom of it.

CMS 18
You are all welcome to advertise
introduce yourself on one of the largest German Discord servers
And to advertise 1300+ are waiting for you Respect Honor Passion

The candidates are invited LIVE in the stream

And with LIVE translation English to German !!
introduce yourself in an interview and ask questions
to be answered by German speaking players
Yours sincerely (Neo ceo RHP) ;))

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.